WATER COOLER SUGGESTED CLEANING AND SANITIZING INSTRUCTIONS
All coolers should be cleaned and sanitized, as follows, on a regular basis (approximately every six to twelve months depending on environmental conditions):
- Unplug the cooler from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the empty bottle.
- Empty the reservoir by draining the faucet(s). Let the cooler stand for a few minutes to allow any ice in the reservoir to melt.
- Add a ½ teaspoon of bleach and a gallon of clean water to the reservoir and let sit for five to ten minutes. (Do not use a stronger solution.)
- Drain the solution out of the tank through the faucet(s).
- Rinse thoroughly through the faucet(s) with two gallons of clean warm water.
- Place a new bottle on the cooler and plug the cord into the electrical outlet. Wait about five to seven minutes before drinking to allow the water to get cold and/or hot.
- The exterior of the cooler, as well as any plastic parts, should be cleaned using a solution of warm water and liquid soap. (Fantastic is not recommended.)
- Do not place the cooler or store the water bottles in direct sunlight.
- Do not use the cooler or bottles for anything other than their original intent.
- Do not use sprays, mists or vapors around the cooler.
- Keep the area around the cooler and water bottles free of dust and dirt.
- Always wipe the top of a new bottle with a clean, damp towel before inverting and placing it on the cooler.
- Never leave the cooler without a bottle with water on it.